u Notes from the Underground: Feeling like a techie again..

Feeling like a techie again..

Sunday, August 06, 2006

.. after reading Steve Yegge most of today. This guy got plugged twice from Joel in successive articles, so obviously he was bound to be funny and be able to tell great stories. Scroll down his page a bit and you'll see a list of articles.

Some funny stuff that had me in splits..
"When C++ is your hammer, everything starts to look like your thumb." (link)
And, um, other funny stuff. Just go and read.

6 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, August 09, 2006, Blogger kuffir said...

i'm not a techie..but that did seem funny.

 
At 10:48 PM, August 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"When C++ is your hammer, everything starts to look like your thumb."

LOL.

I see that you have put the link outside the sentence. Mr.Nielsen's influence?

 
At 11:20 PM, August 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've done that kind of thing in previous posts too.. (here, e.g.)

And I notice you are waxing a little philosophical on your own blog? ;)

 
At 11:44 PM, August 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Philosophical? Nay.

That passage was just too much. I couldn't hold myself back. Mind you, that post was done in around an hour; much much less than my usual requirements :-). BTW I finished the book today.

 
At 2:05 AM, August 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Mind you, that post was done in around an hour; much much less than my usual requirements "

:-O

 
At 2:07 AM, August 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am amazed that one hour is "much much less than your usual requirements", not that it is surprisingly quick, in case my previous comment left things ambiguous. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home